For my teaching day I also brought in a fish for the children to use in painting. There was one little boy that sat there for a good 15 minutes making sure every part of the fish was painted before he made his fish print on the paper.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Preschool - Fish Day
Okay, so I'm pretty bad at keeping up on my blog updates...so we'll see how much I can get done today.
For my second week of teaching in the preschool I got to choose the topic that my partner and I taught on. I decided to do fish...mostly because I figured the kiddos would really like it.
It was interesting trying to come up with different activities for the children that were related to fish. As part of the preschool curriculum, we would always try to have the real, tangible thing there for the children to see, touch, and learn through first hand experience. So my partner brought in a huge dead fish on her day so the children could learn about the different parts of a fish. It was pretty smelly!!!
For my teaching day I also brought in a fish for the children to use in painting. There was one little boy that sat there for a good 15 minutes making sure every part of the fish was painted before he made his fish print on the paper.
I also brought in a ton of goldfish and had them swimming in our sensory table. We gave the children little glass baby food jars and let them 'fish' for the gold fish. It was so fun to see the different strategies they came up with for catching them.
Oh and this if Frankie our Fish Friend. For my large group lesson, I was able to teach the children about the different things we can put in fish tanks. The children then helped me put together a fish tank for our friend Frankie. Overall, it was a pretty great week in the preschool!!!!
For my teaching day I also brought in a fish for the children to use in painting. There was one little boy that sat there for a good 15 minutes making sure every part of the fish was painted before he made his fish print on the paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment