Wednesday, August 29, 2012

New Stuff...Always Exciting :)

So far this year Joseph and I have acquired several new things that we have added to our household.

The first thing was Joseph's amazing road bike. He pretty much lives on this bike; he loves it so much. He had been looking at this bike probably since around Christmas time, and he finally bought it for himself as a 'job well done - you survived your internship' kind of reward. He rides the bike to school everyday that the weather is decent...pretty sure it won't get put away until there is snow on the ground. It's so fun to watch him tinker with it, trying to make it ride 'just right'.

The next addition that we got was a new kitchen table with matching chairs. This was my request. It may not seem like much, but getting these made me soooooooo happy. Our old table was one that I had purchased when I first moved out of home 4ish years ago. It was bought from a thrift store for about 5 bucks, and was honestly worth about that much. We finally broke down and agreed it was time to get a new one when the legs started falling off when we would try to move it. Now we have a much nicer and more 'sophisticated' table with 4 matching chairs (our old one had only 2 and they were falling apart too). I love how we have actually have people over for dinner and all sit at the table to eat!

 Lastly, we bought a plant. I had an empty plant pot sitting around and so this spring Joseph decided we should get a plant to put in it. I was a little hesitant because I have been known to kill plants, not on purpose of course. So we went to look at plants and found a hearty one that didn't need a lot of care and attention, and then we bought it. Joseph brought it home and carefully potted it in new dirt. It's grown pretty well since we bought it. It sits on our counter and makes us look all domesticated and all that. :) Joseph named the plant Mr. Stinky after the Sesame Street plant that was Oscar the Grouch's friend, mostly because he says that's what it looks like, not because it stinks.

1 comment:

  1. Haha this is funny! I'm happy about your additions... We need a new dining room table and chairs now too.

    ReplyDelete