Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ward Camp Out

Every summer our Bishop likes to have a ward camp out up at his "cabin" in Island Park. I put cabin in quote because it is huge!!! Really, the cabin is more like a lodge than a cabin.

This year's camp out was back in June I think. I have just been really bad about getting this blog post up, but here it is now.

We went up on a Friday after school. There was kayaking and fishing, lawn games, board games, and just plain visiting with the other ward members. We had a big campfire and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. Joseph had a normal smore, but I had mine with no graham cracker...just double the chocolate...delish!!!

One of our friends is pretty much a city boy from Iowa and had never gone fishing before in his life. So, he went fishing and caught his very first fish!! Yay him...and then we made him kiss it...hehe...that was the fun part.




On Saturday, several of the guys in the ward got up really early and went and jumped in the lake, which was pretty cold at 5ish in the morning. I stayed in bed and didn't get up until breakfast time. We had eggs, pancakes, and hot chocolate, and it was yummy.

After breakfast Joseph actually talked me into getting in a kayak. I was scared to death at first, because I was pretty sure I was going to tip over and die, but after a while I got used to it and actually started to enjoy myself. It was so peaceful out on the water with nothing around you but the wind. I would love to go and do that again.

By mid-morning, we pretty much had everything cleaned up around the cabin and all that. There were only a handful of couples still around then, so Bishop decided to get a couple of 4-wheelers out for us to ride. I was so excited, I love 4-wheel riding! I don't like to drive though, so I went with my friend Heather and she drove. It was a ton of fun.

Overall it was a great camp out this summer. There were a lot of ward members there, so we were able to make new friends and then just enjoy time with everybody that was there. A huge thank-you goes out to Bishop who loves to do this each year, and for providing his wonderful "cabin" for his ward members to enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment