Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Preschool - Dog Day

The last week of teaching for preschool was one filled with such mixed emotions. I was so happy to be done with all the planning and teaching and stress, but at the same time I was really going to miss the routine of it all...and I was definitely going to miss all the children.

My partner and I did our last week on dogs. It was really fun because the children already knew quite a bit about dogs, so they were able to just have fun and enjoy the activities we had planned for them.

Joseph helped me again with preparing for my teaching day. This time around he helped me draw out and paint cut out for a large dog house. The frame for the house was already at the preschool, so he really just helped me transform it into the dog house. The children LOVED it!!! We put huge stuffed dogs in there for the children to play with. It was so much fun.

There were other fun activities that  we had for the children as well, such as the tumbling mats, wood puzzles, and match the dog treat. We also had a really fun activity that some of the children spent so much time at. We set out an old record player and would paper plates on it. After turning the player on the children could use markers to draw on the paper plate.

We also had a special visitor this week in our preschool class. We got to make a new friend named Dottie, who was a dog. Dottie came and played with us in the playground, and then she helped us during our large group time. Dottie showed us some of the many dog tricks she could do, and then the children got to feed her a dog treat.

My time in the preschool was so special to me. I was able to learn so much from the children and was able to have so much fun. I will always be grateful for the opportunity that I had to participate in the campus preschool.





No comments:

Post a Comment