Friday, June 28, 2013

College Graduate...I'm All Educated!!!


This post is a little dated, considering graduation was back in April. Oh, well...I figured I would write about it and put some pictures up anyway.

I officially finished and graduated from Brigham Young University - Idaho on April 12, 2013. I received my Bachelor Degree in Child Development, and I graduated Suma Kum Laude (highest honors - 4.0).

I have loved going to school here and have learned and grown so much. I really am going to miss all of the great friends that I made, and all the wonderful teachers that have helped me so much not only in my classes, but also in my life's struggles.

Graduation was a pretty neat thing. I had attended Joseph's graduation back in December, so I knew what to expect and all that. It was pretty neat walking in and seeing all the parents and teachers - but I have to say it was pretty tricky not falling down the stairs in the I-Center because we were walking at a pretty good speed.

Afterwards we took some pictures and then headed off to Convocations - which is actually where you get your diploma - actually you only get your diploma cover...the actual diploma takes 6-8 weeks to be mailed out to you. I also got to speak at our College's Convocation (College of Education and Human Development). I decided to read from Dr. Seuss's 'Oh, The Places You'll Go.' I was really worried that it was a dumb idea, but everyone afterward told me they really enjoyed it. So graduation, all in all, was pretty much a success.

My whole family came up to celebrate with me...it was pretty great to see them. I'm so happy that I have such a wonderful and supportive family...especially my wonderful husband who has stood by me throughout everything.

So I'm all done with my education for now. One day I want to go on and get my Master degree in Marriage, Family, and Human Development...but I'm okay with waiting a bit for that. Here's to me and being all educated!!! College really was one of the greatest times of my life, but I am looking forward to the next chapter of my life.



1 comment:

  1. I loved your explanation of it being tricky to not trip when you're walking so fast! Haha! It's true! And there are a ton of stairs in there that make it hard too! Hope you're doing well! It was fun to read your little update :)

    ReplyDelete