Now, it's probably not that bad everyday...but it sure does feel like it some days. I have found myself wanting to do so many different things, but I am simply not able to do them at this point in my life. I talk to people about it and mostly they come back saying, "One day you will be able to do that." or "Someday that may happen." In hearing these things I want to stomp my foot and scream that I am sick of waiting for that magical day when everything is going to happen in my life. I hate waiting.
In thinking more about this the other day I remembered a talk given by President Uchtdorf in regards to patience. I remembered the talk and I looked up a Mormon Message that was made in connection to the talk.
I thought long and hard about what President Uchtdorf had said. "Patience means staying with something until the end. It means delaying immediate gratification for future blessings. The work of patience boils down to this: keep the commandments; trust in God, our Heavenly Father; serve Him with meekness and Christlike love; exercise faith and hope in the Savior; and never give up."
I realized that I needed to be grateful for this time in my life and to not wish it away for something else. I needed to have faith in the Lord, His timing, and His plan for my life. I needed to practice patience in my life.
It is still true that I may be waiting for my life to begin, but I need to be grateful and productive in my waiting...I need to love the place that I am in my life right now while still looking forward with faith and hope for the future that our Heavenly Father has planned for me.
Nicole,
ReplyDeleteI know that I haven't been a big part of your life lately, but you have been in my thoughts and prayers daily. I love you very much and I am in aw of your spirt and character!!!
aunt julie