Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Back in WI - Internship and All That

Well...first off I should apologize for not updating this blog in like forever...I have no excuses...just haven't done it.

Joseph and I spent the first quarter of this year back in Wisconsin. Joseph had acquired an internship with Vanden Huevel CPAs in Wausau for the tax season. Needless to say, it was an interest 3 1/2 months.

He started off only working short half days because there really wasn't much for him to do. As the season progressed though, he started working much longer hours. By the time we left in mid April he was working 11 hour days...poor guy.

I think he enjoyed himself as much as anyone can when they are having to do tax work. It was a little rough at the beginning because he really was a little unsure of a lot of the procedures that the firm did, but he caught on and life became a little easier.

Overall, Joseph decided that the internship was a great experience and it gave him actually work experience, and credits toward his degree. I think the biggest thing that he learned from the internship though was that he doesn't really want to work in public accounting after he graduates.

Also while we were back in Wisconsin we got to welcome a new member into our family. My older brother, Roland, and his lovely wife, Christi, became the parents of the most beautiful baby girl. Little miss Abigail Reina was born on January 31, 2012. She is probably the most adorable little thing that I have ever met. I tired to go down to Stevens Point to visit her and her momma as often as possible.

I also went back to work while we were back in Wisconsin. One of my old managers at the Old Navy was so wonderful and hired me again. It was nice to be able to work with some of my old friends. I found it so easy to just slide back into my old routine...I guess you just never forget how to fold clothes :) hehehe

Joseph also celebrated his 24th birthday back in March. It was a good day. We went to the doctor that day and got the first look at our new little baby!!!! It was so fun to see it move around and know that we were going to be parents again. After that I took Joseph out to Texas Roadhouse...he had never gone before...and he loved the huge slab of meat that he chowed down on!

We had a great time being back in Wisconsin and getting to spend so much time with Joseph's side of the family. They were so great to let us take over one of the rooms in their home. It was hard adjusting back to having so many people around, but we enjoyed spending time with family. We miss them all so much.

Even though we enjoyed being back in Wisconsin, we were so happy to move back out to good old Rexburg. I couldn't believe how much I had missed it!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was so fun to see you a couple weeks ago! I'm glad you missed Rexburg and decided to come back, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see you! :)

    ReplyDelete