Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

So last year Joseph and I started a tradition of carving our own pumpkins for Halloween, something I had never really did growing up. It was so much fun last year and this year was just as fun!!!

Here's what we ended up doing with our pumpkins this year. Niether of us really did a traditional carving of a jack-o-lantern. Joseph's is a little more scary with its sharp teeth. He tried shaving the pumpkin with different carving tools this year, and I think it turned out pretty cool looking.

I wanted to have fun with my pumpkin this year and decided to carve it to look like Jack Skeleton from The Nightmare Before Christmas...I think it turned out pretty good. I wish I had bought a white pumpkin, that would have made it look more accurate, but oh well.


We now have them sitting outside our apartment door guarding us from all the ghouls and ghosts of Halloween :)

1 comment:

  1. It looks JUST like Jack. I thought that before I read your post. I like it A LOT. That's awesome. We missed pumpkin carving this year and that's sad.

    ReplyDelete